Friday, November 23, 2007

My Motivation!

I started knitting up the warm colored of blue/brown fourplay I bought at kid-n-ewe into a scarf the other day. I'd thought I'd give it to a friend who was going away to colder climates. I found out later that he actually had a ton of them so I just kept knitting it up. I knitted it slowly to enjoy the fourplay and watch the scarf grow. The colorwork was awed and admired by many of my knitting friends. Enid actually wanted to cut off my yarn, I was half way through my scarf, and steal it for herself. Later in the week I found out Justin will be leaving for New Jersey for 3 weeks where it's freezing cold out there!! I thought "Who better to give this scarf to then my love!!" I started to work franticly on the scarf the whole week. Any time I spent in front of the tv, or finished anything I was working on, was spent trying to finish that scarf!! Of course, lately with us trying to bring back the old magic Justin would want me to put down the scarf to hold him instead. I hadn't told him I was knitting it for him yet, I wanted it to be a suprise. So for the past week he'd look at the scarf like some evil little thing that had invaded his lap of luxury, AKA my lap for him to lay on! This evening we watched a movie and I finished the scarf midway through. I wrapped it around his neck and just looked at him. He sayed he thought it was nice and admired it as best he could, especially since he likes to watch how much all my projects grow and always supports my hobbies. I told him I hoped it would keep him warm during his trip to New Jersey. If you've never felt so much love for anything simple you've knitted I recommend that you knit a scarf for your significant other. He was close to tears and utterly grateful! I know it's like the 4th scarf I've knit, no cables, nothing fancy at all; just a variagated yarn with a simple K1 P1 stitch. But that scarf was recieved with such love it almost made me cry. That's one of most favorite projects I've ever made just for the simple reason that he loved it!! I rarely ever keep anything for myself and it's for that reason that I like to give my projects away. It's that happy feeling inside of me when someone understands the thought I put into a project for them. That's what keeps me doing it most of all!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Ooooh, that's some niiice yarn there, missy!

Amysatx said...

awwwww...that's so sweet!