Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Pleasant Surprises

So there has been a few nice surprises for me this past week. First for one of the most shocking news any knitting wife can ever receive!!!...........HANDSOME KNOWS HOW TO KNIT!!!And not only that.....HE USE TO KNIT AND CROCHET!!! I had told him yesterday that I should put him to work on my knitting by unraveling the dropped stitches on my Clapotis. He promptly said that he only did that a long time ago and wasn't about to start again. He proceeded to tell me that when he had spent time with his grandparents he would knit and crochet since he was usually so bored while he was there. He claims that there is still a crocheted "doily"(I can't spell) at his grandmothers house to this day. I'm going to see if I can get a hold of it.
Speaking about the Clapotis I asked Handsome's help with, here is the work in progress.
The Clapotis will be for my mother. If you noticed on one of my first blogs I had bought the yarn last year at Kid-N-Ewe; it's fourplay from Brooks Farm. I'm already on the second skein of yarn but only about 1/3 way through the pattern. Thankfully I had bought 3 skeins just in case.
Another pleasant surprise I received was this morning, or mainly ongoing through the week. Sasha and Hailey have been getting along so much better that they have been continuously playing every waking moment. And when they are both asleep.......
I caught them in this position when I was finished eating my breakfast. It's adorable how close they have already gotten. I think we made the perfect choice on the new addition to our family. She's relatively smart!! She knows when she's done something wrong, knows how to go into her kennel, and waits patiently until I've finished filling her bowl with food. Handsome says she has a blanket fetish. She loves to lay on blankets, but she always lays awkward. Mainly in ways that would put a crick in any ones neck.

The last suprise I recieved was just a few minutes ago. I went to check the mail and I had recieved a package. It was the beautiful 2ply yarn I had bought from KittyGrrlz on etsy!




It's called Squishtastic Strawberry Shortcake!! It has 56 yards on it, and it's a dream!!! I have no idea what I'm going to make out of it, but I just couldn't pass up the purchase! I'm in love with this yarn, and I think it's going to have to be one of those yarns you save for an awesome knit!! Anyone got any ideas for it? It'll have to be something I keep for myself!

Well this is my last post for this year! I wish everyone of you a Gloriously Happy New Year, and may all your wishes come true this new year!

No comments: